Pages

Friday 29 November 2019

Kapa Haka Performance

I went to my brothers Kapa Haka group last week and he was amazing.

Kapa Haka

One time in the week of school, my little brother, Caleb had a Kapa Haka performance at his primary school. My Brother was amazing. There were also other schools that had performed. One of my favourites was Templeton school as they had confidence. All of the other schools had pride in themselves. 

Caleb's primary school is South Hornby. South Hornby had been preparing a Hangi for  everybody that had paid for one. Caleb had been one of the leaders in his Kapa Haka group. Hornby High didn’t get their Hangi as their was not enough, but their parents had bought them food from the food trucks.

I met some of my friends that I had not seen for ages. One of  them I had not seen since primary. It was an amazing night. My Brother had performed wonderfully. 

I was thinking about performing, to represent hornby high school but, as I had done it for about 3 years I decided to have a break this year and maybe next year. All of the schools had put lots of time and effort into their performances.

I had noticed with one of the schools that, one of their students were a bit scared as there were lots of people out there looking at her. She started crying but she was confident that she would finish that performance and do her best.

Even though some people were going to every single practice they kinda mucked up. The thing with mucking up is that you can learn from your mistakes and its okay to cry and you don't have to be perfect, as long as you know that you have done your absolute best then that’s all that matters, You need to believe in yourself and never give up on you dreams. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.